Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Being Stripped Of Character

Students were not allowed to engage in conversation without a staff member monitoring every word. I was assigned a "Big Buddy" to teach me the Agape way of thinking. I was told I was to have no contact with my parents for the first month. All mail was monitored, my first letter was to my mother. I remember writing an emotional letter, telling her I was sorry and wanted to come home. At the time I didn't know anyone else would read it but my mother. The next morning at outside at breakfast (I was enrolled just after the second fire, we had no school or church facility at the time) Brother Brian read my letter in front of the school. Everyone laughed at me, and Brian burned my letter on the spot. He walked up to me and elbowed me in the jaw, I fell face first onto the cement (I was about 4'10'' and 110 pounds at the time). From that moment in my life I was broken, I developed an uncontrollable hatred toward authority. I remember looking at my blood on the cement, it hurt to stand back up.

No comments:

Post a Comment